It’s fun to go shopping at Target. Now saving money while shopping? That’s even more fun. It’s also quite useful to know as many money-saving tips as you can, and there are tons of ways to make your trips to Target a budget-friendly affair.
Here are eight ways that you can save money when you go shopping at Target.
- Stick as close as possible to your shopping list. It is easy to get lost and sucked in at Target – you might say you just need three items but you could end up coming out with several shopping bags worth of items. When you stick to your list, you are guaranteed that you will save money on each trip.
- Take note of the weekly markdown schedule. The departments in Target mark down the clearance items on specific days during the week. Here’s their weekly schedule:
- Monday: Kids Clothing, Baby, Stationery, Books, Electronics and Accessories
- Tuesday: Women’s Clothing, Domestic items, Pets and Food Market items
- Wednesday: Health and Beauty, Diapers, Men’s Clothing and Accessories (pocket squares, ties, bracelets, earrings for men), Furniture, Lawn and Garden items
- Thursday: Lingerie, Sporting Goods, Shoes, Toys, Houseware, Luggage and Decor
- Friday: Cosmetics, Jewelry, Hardware and Auto
- Take advantage of coupon deals. Aside from the coupons available at the Target website, you can also save money at Target with coupons from sites like Couponbox.com, which are always up-to-date. Check out these coupons before you head out to the store or on your smartphone while you shop.
- Purchase store-brand items. It may be out of habit that you reach out to your favorite branded items, but Target also offers items that have the same quality at a lower price.
- Shop at the end caps. This is a fancy term for the shelves that are in the end of the aisle, but the term is very much known to people who are frugal. The shelf here is where most of the clearance items end up. Make it a habit to also walk on the outer areas of the store and you might just spot a bargain item you need to purchase.
- Know when to take advantage of clearance sales at the end of seasons. Be in the know when you can shop on those markdown items as it can lead to huge savings. The best months are: January, July and August. When you shop the day after a holiday you can get 50 percent off, three days later you can get 75 percent off, and when you shop a week after the holidays, it’s even possible to get 90 percent off!
- Be aware what coupons you can combine to get better deals. As Target is becoming stricter in coupon policies, know which coupons are stackable or not. For a single item purchase, you can combine one manufacturer coupon and a Target coupon (whether paper or digital). You can also use your gift cards from Swagbucks to help you save more at Target too!
- Don’t throw out your receipts right away – There are high-value coupons printed at the bottom of the receipts, and this is a huge bonus on your next Target trip!
Go For a Discount Strategy
If you are planning a big shopping trip at target, consider two additional things. First get discounted Target giftcards from a discount broker like Gift Card Granny. You can get 3%-5% off on the face value of the card (here). Also, get the Target red card – it gives you 5% off. You can get the Red card here or click on the banner below.
Read Our Most Popular Articles
For more reading on about personal finance, consider these articles:
Do you have any other tips on how you can save while shopping at Target? Do share them!
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.