Here at Our Debt Free Family, we welcome conversation and feedback. But without a few simple ground rules, I have seen on other blogs that conversation can turn disrespectful, which may discourage others from adding their input.
Here is my comments policy. By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log in via Disqus or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, then others may have the same question. Commenting on my blog allows me to answer your question publicly so that it may benefit others.
- You may disagree with me. While I am sharing my opinions on matters, I recognize the fact that I may overlook an issue and welcome the opportunity to learn from my readers. However, I ask that if you disagree with me— or anyone else, for that matter— do so in a way that is respectful.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
My goal is to provide a platform for meaningful conversation of those with similar goals. Let’s help each other in a caring, honest, and respectful manner.
Get Regular Updates!
Like Our Debt Free Family? Sign up for our free email newsletter.