Lauren Greutman and her husband, Mark, hit rock bottom in their finances a few years ago when they found themselves underwater in their mortgage, $42,000 in debt, and running a $1,000 deficit in their budget each month.
Fast forward a few years, and Lauren and Mark are now debt-free and run her popular frugal living site that helps millions of people, LaurenGreutman.com, formerly IamTHATLady.com.
I am so honored to be joined by Lauren in today’s interview to have her share her story and introduce her brand new book, The Recovering Spender: How to Live a Happy, Fulfilled, Debt-Free Life
Lauren is a wife, mom of four and a recovering spender. If her name sounds familiar, you may have seen her on TV as a frequent guest on The TODAY Show, Good Morning America, Nightline, The Dr. Oz Show, Rachael Ray, and more.
In this interview, Lauren shares:
- How she and her husband, Mark, dug themselves out of $42,000 of debt in four years
- What she did to cut her family’s grocery spending from $1,000 per month to $200 (Say what?!)
- Her advice for those wanting to start a blog to bring in extra income and the great opportunities her’s has brought to her family.
- What her brand new book, The Recovering Spender, is all about and who will benefit from reading it
- What to do if you’re a Saver married to a Spender
I love this interview with Lauren! She has such an inspiring story of how she turned her life around from being a compulsive shopper to getting out of debt and now helping millions of others do the same.
Thanks again to Lauren for sharing her debt-free journey and her book with us!
Lauren’s book, The Recovering Spender: How to Live a Happy, Fulfilled, Debt-Free Life, is available in bookstores and online wherever books are sold.
You can learn more about Lauren at LaurenGreutman.com and find out more about her book at TheRecoveringSpender.com.
Now I’d love to hear about you!
What did you learn from Lauren’s story? Are you a Spender in need of recovery, or do you know someone who is? Please share in the comments below.
Keep moving forward toward your goals. You really can live the life you dream about!